Back to Engler-Online Home
Back to The Buzz main page

THE BUZZ Volume 6


Click on any of the photos to see a larger one

Barbara P. Engler, passed away Tuesday, October 23, 2007, after a long illness.  A native of Atlanta, GA, she lived in Murray Hill for over 40 years.  Barbara was the beloved wife of Charles H. Engler, III, her husband for 54 years.  She was a devoted mother to her daughter, Lynn Kinkel, and her son, Chad Engler, who are grieving along with their spouses, Peter and Loretta.  Barbara was a loving grandmother to Lauren and Jonathan Kinkel. She is also survived by her sister, Elizabeth Poole and was predeceased by her sister, Jean Cranmer.

Barbara volunteered for the New Providence Rescue Squad, attaining the position of Lieutenant, and worked at Bloomingdale's in Short Hills for ten years, as a Department Manager, but at all times her family was the main priority in her life.  She enjoyed sewing and crafts, and made many items that she generously contributed to the benefit of others.  Barbara loved nothing more than going to flea markets and yard sales, collecting bits and pieces that she would magically turn into beautiful holiday decorations, doll clothes, and handmade items of all kinds.  A true mass producer, Barbara always said that the first one was the hardest to make and, after that, you might as well make a lot of them.  She was always busy crocheting, arranging dried flowers, making potpourri, or pinecone wreathes.etc.  It was not unusual to wake up and find she had already made a dozen or more of something, or decorated a whole Christmas tree.  There has never been a more creative, talented woman for whom making things was fun, not work.

Barbara traveled extensively with her husband for many years to various Caribbean islands, including Antigua, Barbados, Jamaica, and also Bermuda.  After seeing places as far away as England and Ireland, it was decided that their favorite spots were Sanibel Island, FL and Ogunquit, ME and that annual visits would be the rule. The family has many happy memories of Barbara being the first one on the beach in Sanibel looking for shells, even before daylight.

Barbara had a full life with loving family and friends and will be deeply missed by all.

At her request, services were private.


The above is Bobbye's obituary (written by Lynn) for those who didn't get a chance to see it. 

On several occasions,  Bobbye and I had discussed where we would like remains scattered, and we chose a long list of our favorite places, from Maine to Florida. A fitting tribute for a wonderful lady, and part of remembering the good times.

This picture shows Bobbye, who loved spending time with her family, assisting her granddaughter, Lauren Emily, do her nails.




Thirty five family members gathered on December 23rd for the annual Engler Christmas party held at Claire and Jeff's. Family came from the North Country (Peter and Pat from Vermont), the South (Heidi and family from Florida), the West (Chad and Loretta flying in from Oklahoma) as well as Gil from Virginia and the "local" family from various New Jersey locales.

Claire and Jeff had finished with the remodeling of their lovely house and many family members took a house tour to see all their marvelous work. Highlights were the new kitchen (coveted by many) and the new master bedroom suite.

The food was superb, the holiday decorations were lovely, the weather cooperated and it all added up to a nice relaxed evening with the Cousins enjoying their festive surroundings while catching up with the latest happenings of other family members.

Good photos of the 2007 Engler Family Christmas party are on the web site. Thanks to Chad and Charlie. 


We have a new email address for PA only.  It's
That's from May through October.
Our best to you all, Jan and Wes


We are happy to report that Lauren has graduated from Muhlenberg College with a BS in Neuroscience!  She is hoping to find a position as a pharmaceutical sales representative.  While some new graduates would have been happy with a Cross pen set, briefcase, or computer for their graduation gift, Lauren, (being Lauren), chose a tiny Pomeranian puppy instead!  His name is Teddy, short for Theodore.  Our cats think he is the ugliest little kitten they have ever seen!

Click on any of the photos to see a larger one

The whole family celebrated Lauren's graduation, and Jonathan's completing his first year at Rider University with a wonderful trip to California the minute school got out in May.  Starting in San Francisco, we visited Alcatraz, Napa Valley, and Berkeley etc.  We worked our way down the coast, loving the hundreds of elephant seals sleeping on the beach, toured Hearst Castle, ending up in Santa Monica.  We totally did the Hollywood tourist stuff, especially enjoying Warner Brothers, and NBC Studios.  It was fun to be part of a live audience at a couple of shows, seeing the process and goings-on behind-the-scenes.  With Jonathan turning 19 and Lauren now 22, we don't take these family vacations for granted.  It was great spending so much time together, (I think the younger generation would agree!), and we especially got a thrill seeing what Jonathan looks like in the daylight!  Being a college man, he normally keeps "vampire" hours!  Traveling together as a group of four adults for the first time seemed so easy - where should we go next?

Have a wonderful summer -


Chad Engler reports that ice diving on Lake George this past winter “Was a lot of fun!”

The ice diving was something I always wanted to try; Loretta was kind enough to humor me and come along for the adventure. We dove with a group from the Bronx that visit Lake George every year for ice diving.They cut a triangular hole in the ice and up to 3 people can dive at a time. They are very careful about safety and each person is roped to the surface so you can't lose the hole which is a one-time mistake.

The water was very clear, you could see about 40 feet and it was cold, 33 degrees. We dove right near a crib that was a footing for a pier a long time ago.

Here are a couple of photos of us during the diving:

Click on any of the photos to see a larger one

We also got to visit with My Dad, Sister Lynn and Brother In-law Peter who drove up to see us. It turned out that Ken was at the lake and we visited with him too. Ken also showed us all the old sites I kind of remember as a kid. Aunt Dottie and Uncle Howie's houses, Ken's lake house and Great Grandma's house. After the tour we had a nice visit with Ken and Enid.

It was a very nice weekend!

- Chad


Nothing much new here, Sue is still working for a restaurant group but is able to work mostly from home.  I'm still working in Annapolis fixing boats.  On the other hand, everything is new for Will; as he's just two.  He's running and getting into everything and just, kind of, learned to pedal his tricycle.  He's also stringing together sentences, but has yet to learn the use of pronouns.  "Will go outside", "Will chase bird", "Will hurt finger", "Mommy kiss finger", "Will broke toy", "Daddy fix it".  Perhaps we shouldn't have named him a verb.

One thing of note, Sue and I went to Will's God-father's son's wedding in Cartagena, Columbia in late April.  It was quite neat; we spent a day at the Bride's father's private island in the Caribbean.  The wedding was held on the walls of the old city of Cartegena and there must have been about one server for every five guests.  One thing about Cartegena, no one speaks English; talk about a useless class in high school that finally came in handy.

Love to all,
Bill, Sue, and Will Engler

P.S.  Oh I forgot Lucy.  We got a new dog, another curly coated retriever; she's 5 months and great.



An update from Robin Hackett…

Tom continues with his successful practice in Gyn Oncology, working numerous hours but he has managed to become a very serious golfer and it seems to be very relaxing for him.

I continue to work for Tom and have also taken up golf. I joined the nine holers this year, but I don't take it that seriously.

Tom and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in June.  Hard to believe!

Ryan will be going into the studio soon to record with his band "Spider Rockets". He and his father are building a custom bass guitar that he hopes to get done before they go for the recording.

Stephen is about to finish up his first year at Lebanon Valley College.  He is majoring in Music Recording Technology. The school has been a great fit for him.

Tyler is completing his eighth grade year and off to high school next year. He was the goalie for the schools championship soccer team in the fall. Tyler was stage manager for the school play in March and is now rehearsing his trumpet for the spring band concert. He is looking forward to the summer where he will be sailing a 420.

Beth Smith says her old address email is no longer valid; please send all communications to 


Chad and Loretta’s visit to Lake George in February for diving (see article in their section) led to a great visit with Charlie, Lynn and Peter. They came up here to watch the diving too. Even though Ken dove in the Navy 40+ years ago, he had no desire to get into the icy waters of Lake George. On Sunday, after the diving, Ken had the pleasure of showing Chad and Loretta around to some of the Engler sites, even though all had to mush through the snow. Same tour is available to other visitors.

Ken and Enid were in Philadelphia in March and checked out the Engler plot in Mount Vernon Cemetery. The improvements that Charlie and Gil arranged show a great contrast to the rest of this cemetery, which is quite run-down. Here are a couple of pictures. Please note: “John N” seems to be a variation on the name “Ulrich Johann” who was Ursula’s husband and Charles’ father.

Click on any of the photos to see a larger one

Karen and Jud completed their move to Cornwall, Vermont in November. The sale of their New Hampshire house was completed in June, but they didn’t get possession of their Vermont house until November. Karen and the kids lived with us at Lake George for the interim. We really enjoyed the chance to have the grandchildren with us for an extended period. Jud commuted to Vermont and to New Hampshire to keep his business and the house sale on track. Thanksgiving was celebrated in our Ticonderoga house along with Jud’s parents who bring virtually the whole dinner, except the turkey, as produce from their gardens.

New address for Karen and Jud: P.O. Box 975, Middlebury, VT 05753
Actual location of their house at 567 Orchard Run, Cornwall, VT

Steve and Lisa enjoy living just outside Boston. They are expecting a baby in early September. They took a “last fling” trip to southern Spain in May. While in Seville they visited Maria Laguillo-Candau who stayed with us when she was a foreign student at Kent Place. We also hosted Maria’s brother, Rafa, one summer at Lake George.


The piece in this exhibit has also been exhibited at the Kennedy Center in DC and at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria VA where Mary won second place; that was a juried show.  Pretty impressive I'd say, even if I am her mother...


Mary Behr, a Hoboken resident since 1990, doesn't like calling attention to her disability, but her art represents her physicality reborn.

After escaping the aches and pains of arthritis, which she had suffered since the tender age of 12, Behr lent her newfound mobility to her piece "Move!" - A new media work that she created for her thesis at Parsons the New School for Design in Manhattan.

"My piece was a response to my reanimation," says Behr, who had artificial joints implanted, two in her knees and one in her hip, about nine years ago.

Though Behr is no longer disabled, her piece is part of "Renascence," an exhibit of new media works by artists sharing their experiences of living with disabilities, which is on display at the World Financial Center Courtyard Gallery in Manhattan through March 16.

FEEL THE ‘MOVE!’-MENT – Hoboken resident and artist Mary Behr explains her piece “Move!” and how it interacts with its audience. The work is on display for the exhibit, “Renascence,” meaning rebirth, at the World Financial Center’s Courtyard Gallery in Manhattan through March 16.


A 'Bionic' woman

"When I first got arthritis, they [said], 'A lot of people outgrow it in their 20s,' and that came and went, and I hadn't outgrown it," Behr says, explaining that attempts to ignore it didn't make the unbelievable pain go away. "I needed new knees - it's kind of a gruesome decision to make, but I couldn't walk! But now, I run around and have a great time. I'm bionic now - there's no stopping me," she laughs.

When Behr got her artificial implants, she loved them, though she didn't realize how simple things like going through the metal detector would become such an ordeal. Some security workers listened to her forewarning that her metal implants would set off the machine, but some, she says, would keep her at the security checkpoint for quite some time.

Behr says that the invasive process made her uncomfortable, just as her disability had, but while studying art and technology at Parsons, she used what she learned about design and physical computing to channel her experience into work that would translate her love of free movement into a marriage of material and machine.

"I wanted to change the process of interacting with a metal detector, so I built a piece that has a metal detector in it, and when you walk up to it, if you have artificial joints, it senses the metal, and the microprocessors make the motors move," Behr explains, adding that any metal will trigger the sensor and activate her new media piece, "Move!"

The "Zen-like" and "origami-esque" folded paper acts as a delicate yet strong skin for the motors inside that respond to metals on passersby, or lacking that, viewers can use a strap fitted with metal that is part of the display.

"I was kind of going for something organic," says Behr, of the white paper. "And if you watch it long enough, you kind of prescribe movements to it."

The sometimes awkward movement of "Move!" is something Behr knows too well, and she admits that her disability has always made her uncomfortable.

"It was always something I tried to ignore, focusing instead on more exciting and interesting things, because it was nothing but endless pain. And nobody likes a complainer. But obviously, it's an important aspect of why I made this installation, and I know I must talk about it. The opportunity to educate and inform people about the disease must outweigh my personal discomfort. And happily, magically, miraculously, my arthritis seems to be in remission now, and my artificial joints rock, so I am reanimated and can now make up for lost time!"

What it means to 'Move!'

"When I first took my first physical computing class, we were looking at all these sensors," Behr says, explaining that it made her curious. "How would a project work where only a few people could make it work? Would that be successful? Would people who could make it work be annoyed?"

Behr's "Move!" has not annoyed anyone - in fact, reactions have been really positive.

"People seem to get it," says Behr. "We're trained not to touch art. You look at a painting and you have real thoughts, but you're not allowed to physically interact with it."

This is why she says that viewers walk up to it and aren't quite sure what they're supposed to do - but with art that reacts to its audience, it's easy and interesting to discover how it works.

"It'll react to your keys," says Behr, whose piece is accompanied by a wall text explanation.

The three motors inside are triggered by the metal sensor, and run in a 30-second sequence.

This example of new media art is based on physical computing, "which is when you use sensors to enable the user to interact with more than just your hands," Behr explains, adding, "It's different interaction. The Clapper is physical computing, but it has no artistic element."

Colleen Macklin, chair of Parsons Department of Communication Design and Technology, was one of Behr's advisors, and she hopes that people will go to experience Behr's piece.

"She would use technology to make visible problems that she has," Macklin says. "It really talked about the intersection of the body, technology, and identity."

Macklin says they're very proud of Behr at Parsons, and she thinks "Move!" will surprise and intrigue a lot of its viewers.

"I think that she really did a beautiful job of bringing together the world of art and design."

For more information about Mary Behr or to see video of her piece "Move!" visit her Web site at The exhibit runs through March 16, for more information on "Renascence," visit



Scott Engler reports that he has left EBay after seven years and is headed down to Big Sur for several months to study Shamanism. He has traded in his wingtips for some moccasins and he expects to be a level three witch doctor by the summer.





Good wishes from Bruce!

Brett, the traveling nurse, is now on assignment in Hawaii (the little bastard). In February, Mom & I went out to see the house he purchased about a year ago in Pine Mountain, CA near Frasier Park. Brett's house:

Click on any of the photos to see a larger one

Kristen, Heidi's daughter, gets married to Brad Belina June 14th, in Colorado. We're all converging out there from our different parts of the world and plan to have a great celebration.

I continue to work on my log cabin, getting it ready to sell when the market comes back. Looks like I'll have plenty of time and Kim (my very excellent girlfriend) and I are trying to get into the same house together as soon as possible, but again, it will be some time before we can make that happen. My house:

Mom has given notice at the Red Cross after 7 or 8 years to put her energy into more church work. She continues to paint beautiful works of art and is gearing up for garden work. She still plays tennis at 84 years old, but is having trouble finding players within her circle that can keep up with her. (My commentary, not hers)

This is all I can think of for now. I'll write back if I think of anymore.

News from Brett –

Well, I have been remiss in maintaining my whereabouts! From mid November until mid February I was living in Tacoma,WA and working in the ER at St. Francis Hospital next door in Federal Way. I enjoyed the teamwork there and everyone was very nice, but the cloudy/rainy weather was extremely taxing on the psyche. Of course, the last five days before I left were sunny and relatively warm!

I went back to my house (or should I say the MORTGAGE COMPANY'S house) for a couple of weeks during which time my mom and Bruce came to visit (pictures attached). Within a week I found out that my next assignment was to Kauai! I am not sure why I was selected since there was heavy competition for the position, but I am NOT complaining.

Click on any of the photos to see a larger one

So, here I am, so far mostly hiking all over the island, driving through the rainforest/jungle, and soaking up some rays on some very nice beaches. I have met more people so far than I did the entire previous assignment. The ER staff at Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Lihue is friendly and helpful. In a couple of weeks I shall prepare for some diving and later take some surfing lessons. I have enclosed some photos, including my "island cruiser" that I bought for $300. I am here until June 11, then off to Heidi's daughter's (Kristen) wedding in Denver. I may return for an extension - we'll see.

If anyone wants to visit, they are more than welcome! Just give me a call (973-534-8620)

PS - House photo is my house, beach photo is Polihale Beach, and coastal mountain shots are of Na Pali coast, winter shot is at Mt St. Helens, Washington

MEMORIES (please contribute)

Christmas many years ago on Grant Avenue, Jersey City, circa early 1900’s…where it all started!

On the back it says "1907"
On a note that was written within the last 10 years it is believed to be from Aunt Ruth:
Top row Charles Henry Engler I (Grandpa), Mattie (Grandma), Aunt Emma (Evelyn Wardhaugh) and Jay Fergus Wardhaugh.  2nd row Grandpa & Grandma Rouse and Bottom front, Aunt Frank (Francis Stevens) AKA "The Cook"

Click on any of the photos to see a larger one

Christmas at 310

For clarification Grandma Engler’s South Orange, New Jersey home address was 310 Scotland Road but somewhere along the line it was changed to 111 Terrill Avenue and remains that address today.

Christmas is always an exciting time for kids but for the Engler brood it was doubly exciting because we all converged at Grandmas house early Christmas morning for happy greetings, breakfast and a grand parade that led to the Christmas Celebration in the huge living room that upon arrival was always sealed off by the beautiful oak panel sliding doors. The event usually started at nine and Uncle Cliff was in charge of phoning everyone to get them away from their own tree and down to 310.

An air of anticipation was building and the Uncles kicked off the parade. Uncle Arthur led the crowd playing his trumpet, Uncle Howard his sax and Uncle Cliff with his base drum. Meanwhile all us kids would head for the kitchen and grab anything we could that would make noise like pots and pans and utensils we could bang together. We marched through that grand old English Tudor, up the front stairs, through the bedrooms, and yes, over the beds, through the bathrooms then down the backstairs through the kitchen, butler’s pantry, dining room and always circling the dining room table a couple of times ending up in the great front hall. As we passed through the main hall and dining room those adults that didn’t partake in the parade would be standing around cheering us on. I remember one Christmas when Aunt Evelyn was wearing a paper Christmas Dress with Christmas ornament earrings – she always had such enthusiasm. Many of the Mother’s; Aunt Janice, Aunt Barbara, Aunt Kay, Aunt Jean, Aunt Pat, Aunt Evelyn and Aunt Ruth would be there cheering us on.

Uncle Arthur was the “Santa checker” and we just knew that Santa hadn’t been there yet or was still busy unloading the gifts. Uncle Arthur would open the door and peek saying that “Santa was still busy” so the parade started all over again. This went on for about three or four times around and then finally the doors were opened and we were allowed to assemble in our usual spots in this huge living room with a bay window that looked out on the terrace with the sweeping lawn and street below and mountain beyond. Usually there was a blazing fire in the fireplace at the end of the room but one Christmas I remember it being so warm that a fire would have been unbearable. Once the doors were open nothing started until Grandma was in her spot in a large rocking chair surrounded by her many Grandchildren. The Uncles always handed out the presents that were stacked high around a gigantic Christmas tree that I believe was decorated the night before by many members of the family including Cousin Betsey. How Aunt Elinor, Aunt Ruth and Aunt Evelyn along with Grandma kept track of the gifts remains a mystery but the shopping list must have been a mile long during those final celebrations. With ribbons and paper flying everywhere the commotion or bedlam was electric with excitement. By now the fire was roaring in the fireplace with all the scraps of paper and ribbon being disposed in it.

For me it was a special day – my Birthday and the family always sang “Happy Birthday” at some point during the celebration. Please note: I never felt cheated and I never had to go to school on my Birthday.

Many members of the family remained at Grandma’s for a big Christmas dinner but our family always left as we went to our other Grandmother and Grandfather’s house for another celebration and dinner or they came to our house.

It always amazed me that when those doors opened each family made a dash to secure their spot and if my memory serves me correctly the Hibberd girls and Betsey always sat at the far end of the room next to Grandma. THE KGE’s and the RLE’s usually shared the window seat and piano bench in front of the bay window. The Arthur Peter Broderson’s and Aunt Ruth and Uncle Charlie the large couch and the Clifford Engler’s to the right by the door as you entered, Aunt Eleanor and Uncle Bill near the Christmas Tree that was surrounded by an unbelievably high pile of gifts. Aunt Barbara, Uncle Arthur, Aunt Janice, Uncle Charlie, Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Pete took any spot they could and some even had to remain standing. For us youngsters the whole affair was mind boggling. I know that at one of the last celebrations we took our son Grant who was in a playpen in the center of things. He was ten months old and on the way home in the car he fell asleep and remained asleep for much of the day.

Memories are all we have of those great moments at 310 and just think of how fortunate we all were to experience it as a family. I hope this might generate or inspire other cousins to write about the photo shoots at 310 – those photos that are now part of or perhaps someone could write about Grandma’s place in Bay Head or Lake George or even the early days at the Engler farm. Memories are precious and will be gone if they are not documented in some way.

Written by Charlie and Noel Engler

Sis writes...I do wonder, though, about the traditions themselves.  I'm so very grateful that I was able to experience the warmth and excitement and love of a big family "do" as one of my earliest memories.  And then year after year as the younger ones came along, to see the wonder in their eyes. And finally to watch my own sons look forward to taking part with the same thrill that I'd had…generations following the same family rituals.

When could it have started?  Was it at 310 when certainly Eleanor and Cliff were young enough or could it have been Academy Street, or the White House farmhouse or maybe even Grant Avenue in Jersey City when the older ones were little? From what I've heard of Grandpa Engler, he was always ready for fun.

This is the type of question that I wish I'd thought to ask the older generation before it was too late.  Anybody know the answer?  June?  Charlie?  Anybody?

Betsey Barton recalls that, during the days leading up to Christmas, there would always come the day that Dad announced it was time to go to Grandma's to decorate her house for Christmas. I always set up the crèche on the sideboard in the dining room. (I still have that crèche). It was the only thing I wanted to do so, once done, I waited around until Dad and my brothers were finished with whatever else they were doing. 

Grandma always held the "Christmas baby" on her lap for the annual Christmas family photo. On her last Christmas she held my daughter Mary. (Mary was not really the youngest that year; Bill Engler (Arthur's younger) was, but he was too young to travel to Grandma's that year, so Mary got the honors. Bill has never forgiven her...!

Newly-weds were expected to add to the pile of gifts with gifts to the aunts and uncles. A symbol of adulthood, I suppose. All those handmade potholders and Christmas balls; it took imagination and creativity to come up with something affordable on young budgets.

In fact, you didn't dare bring a "significant other" to Grandma's for Christmas unless you were engaged, and even then Aunt Evelyn would ask the young men what their intentions were. It was always a tough crowd!

I loved Christmas at Grandma's but I always felt a little sad for Mom and Dad that the gifts they had scrimped and saved for all year for us had to be torn through so quickly on Christmas morning so that we could be at 310 by 9 a.m. By the time we finally got back home late in the afternoon of Christmas Day, we were all too tired to even give more than a passing glance at all that splendor. 

And this from Sandie Jackson –

Like other family members, I remember Christmas at 310 fondly. I remember Grandma's big house with all those call bells (including one under the dining room table), which would register in the pantry. There was always some grandchild taking great delight in seeing Chamber one or two register as a result of their efforts.

The distribution of all those presents under the tree was always exciting. Betsey and I often received identical gifts, but hers was blue and mine was pink. I understand that this was a pattern that originated with presents for June and Sis. Sitting near Grandma as the gifts were distributed was always a joy. She took such delight in watching each of the grandchildren receive their gift from Santa (or maybe it was Grandma Claus)! Each of the girls, up to about age 10-11, would receive the doll Grandma had chosen for her that year. I think Aunt Evelyn, Aunt Ruth and my Mom must have done a lot of work helping Santa shop for all those good girls and boys.

I remember the big Christmas dinner with the grownups at the main table. We younger ones were at various side tables with no one watching to see if we ate our vegetables. We were really all waiting for dessert - plum pudding and that wonderful hard sauce! After dinner I think most of us were just tired and ready to head home after an exciting day.


Gone but never forgotten. Left to right – Robert L. Engler, Elinor E. Hibberd, Clifford E. Engler,
Ruth E. Wallander, Arthur E. Engler, Evelyn E. Broderson, Kenneth G. Engler, Charles H. Engler and
Howard G. Engler.

Click on any of the photos to see a larger one


The only response came from Brett Engler who said,

”I believe that the photo is Uncle Ken and Aunt Kay, and the bottom photo is Kay”.

On the back in mom’s handwriting is noted “NEN 11/7/36. They were married on Friday evening November 6th 1936. So that was the Saturday edition of the Newark Evening News. It is curious that on the back is an article referring to “today’s stock market” Was the market open on Saturday in those days?

The article states that Kay’s wedding dress was “previously been worn by two of Mr. Engler’s sisters.” That would have to have been Evelyn and Ruth, because Eleanor was married later. But I wonder if it actually meant sister and sisters-in-law?

The small clipping, is from Monday November 8th. They sailed for Bermuda on the Monarch on Sunday the 7th and arrived on the 9th. On December 1st Kay’s parents, Alice and Caleb Dean Hammond came to visit them in Bermuda.

Click on any of the photos to see a larger one

Back to The Buzz main page
Back to Engler-Online Home